M8 ~ Tractor, full-track, cargo & personnel
M8A1 ~ Tractor, full-track, cargo & personnel
M8A1 [Artillery] ~ Tractor, full-track, artillery
M8A1 [Crane] ~ Tractor, full-track, crane
M8A1 [Mineclearer] ~ Variant fitted with experimental mine clearer.
M8A1 [Shelter] ~ Tractor, full-track, shelter carrier
M8A1 [Wrecker] ~ Tractor, full-track, wrecker
M8A2 ~ Tractor, full-track, high-speed, cargo
M8E1 ~ Prototype for the M8A1.
M8E2 ~ Prototype for the M8A2.
T8 ~ Series of prototype dozer blades for the T42/M8.
T33 ~ Original prototype utilising Chaffee engine & transmission.
T42 ~ Prototype for the M8 using Hellcat engine & transmission.
T42 [Dozer] ~ T42 fitted with T8 series dozer blade.
T48 ~ M8E2 fitted with medium artillery body.
T53 ~ M8E2 fitted with heavy artillery body.
GENERAL RECOGNITION POINTS
- Six medium roadwheels with top rollers concealed by mudguards.
- Twin cab design either side of engine.
- HMG mount on left-hand-side cab roof.
- Characteristics Sheet, Detroit Arsenal, CV-114, Tractor, Cargo, M8 (T42) / 1948
- Characteristics Sheet, Detroit Arsenal, SP-39, Bulldozer, Tractor Mounting, T8 and T8E1 / 1948
- US Military Tracked Vehicles / Fred Crimson / 1992
- The Observer's Military Vehicles Directory from 1945 / Bart Vanderveen / 1972.